Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A to Z/ Day11 - letter J

J is for J-walking.  What an absolutely ridiculous concept.  How did people cross the road before electronic "walk" and "don't walk" signs existed?  Did they just follow the chicken?  Holy crap.  I think I just answered the age old "question!"  Of course.  How could we be so blind?!  The chicken did not cross the road to get to the other side.  Well, it did, but not of its own accord.  Oh my god. Poor chicken.  It was forced at gun-point (sword point?) to be the "guinea pig" or test-target!  It's all so clear to me now: let the chicken cross...if it doesn't end up a feathered bit of road kill, the humans then quickly follow. 
And THEN, when we became technologically advanced enough to have automated safety-signs, we turned the whole ordeal into a dumb riddle as a cover-up.  I feel so stupid for not seeing this sooner.  This A to Z challenge has really opened my eyes to a lot of stuff, and we are only on "J."  I shutter to think about what "W" or "Z" will expose.  I have to cut this post short.  I am in a state of shock.

4 comments:

  1. funny, and clever... thanks for enlightening me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest easy, now. Have a bath and a glass of wine, and rest assured that word will spread of our exploitation of the poor chicken.
    Thank you so much for the thoughtful comment on my post. I was looking for insights, and yours was by far the best. I'll have to re-visit feminism when people aren't so rushed to cram in another blog before they need to call it a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Fellow Challenger, from #401-Rockin'Chair Reflections! Not going to do the chicken-egg thingy, this morning. Too early. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, the chicken crossed the road to show the squirrel it could be done. ha ha ha.. Thanks for the amusing post. Ruby

    ReplyDelete